Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Word2007

I miss my handy Under-The-Hood tools.

I’m trying to use Ctrl-Shift-D which I had assigned to a macro in Under.dot “TypeDateConstant ”.

In Office2007, Ctrl-Shift-D remains assigned to the default “Double-Underline” formatting.

It seems that Office2007 has not recognized my keyboard assignment in under The Hood.

Why can I say that?

(1) Because the macro is there, and runs in Office2007, delivering today’s date to me, as it should.

(2) Because I have Word2000 loaded and can show that the key assignment is functioning well in Word2000.


Word2007

The MRU (Most recently Used) list is upgraded – sort of.

Remember the list at the foot of the old File menu? It showed the 4 most recently used files.

Through Tools, Options, General you could crank it up to a meager nine. An unreasonable limit (I have ten blogs, let alone my real work load!).

I wrote MRUse.dot to overcome this difficulty.

MRUse.dot
Sets no limits

Sorts in any sequence

Ascending/Descending

Jumps to location in document (no bookmarks up my sleeve, either!)

Absorbs Excel MRUse list (you should be able to open your budget from your memo, right?)

Maintains a stop-list of file extensions

Has a switchable memory.
The usual good stuff, right?

Here’s the good news: Word2007 permits more than 9 entries in the MRU list.

Here’s the bad news: Not more than 50.

And no real improvements to help the user, IMHO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home