Friday, September 15, 2006

Word's Back Button

Word2007

I am still struggling to locate my beloved green "back" button that used to sit on the web toolbar.

The lack of that button is a primary reason for my continuing use of Word 2000/2003 to develop these hyperlinked web documents.

This lunchtime I thought I'd found it:

Previous Window. Seemed to do what I wanted. Then I noticed the shortcut key combination was listed as Ctrl-Shift-F6, and being suspicious by nature, I essayed with four documents open. Sure enough, it is the old "Shift into reverse gear" trick applied to tabbing on a carousel of open documents.

That is, if you have opened documents 1, 2, 3 and then 4, previous window will take you from document 4 to documents 3, 2, 1, 4 etc. in that order.

It is not the back button.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Russell said...

I found it! You can add it to the Quick Access tool bar.

Right click in the top area to the right of the last tab. Choose "Customise Quick Access toolbar...". In the "Choose commands from" selector, choose "All Commands". Scroll down till you find "Back". Click the "Add >>" button.

Now you have your back button back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home